Living in the south makes these peaches easier to get your hands on. Oh yum! 2 of my 3 kidlets love peaches and I mean LOVE! So, we buy a lot of peaches but sometimes we dont eat them quick enough. I cook them on the barbecue. I use them in parfaits. We make smoothies. Now, I make a killer peach pound cake. It's lovely because its a nice sturdy pound cake with this sweet yet tart peaches. it's just super easy and super yummy!
1 cup softened butter
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
2-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh diced peaches
1/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- Preheat oven to 325
- Butter 2-8" loaf pans
- In a large bowl, cream together butter & sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating with each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extracts
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the 2-3/4 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir into creamed mixture.
- Coat the peaches with the 1/4 cup of flour.
- Fold floured peaches into the batter
- divide batter between the 2 pans and spread evenly
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan.
- Cover in plastic wrap for softer "crust".
|first slice of heaven|