Wednesday, June 15, 2011

100 Things About Me :: Surprise!!!

"Continue to surprise those who have put you into a neat demographic." I'm doing just that. Enjoy!


71. I am very shy.

72. I broke-up with J after almost 4 years together to start dating a girl named M. We dated for about 2 years.

73. I was 12 when I got my contacts. It was summer between sixth grade and 7th grade. I got my hair cut and got a new wardrobe. One day my friend and I went to the mall. We flirted with guys and one guy came over to us. We talked a bit and he asked for my number. I gave it to him. Come to find out on the phone, he was 17 and he thought i was like 16. Yeah, not so much. I was only 12-1/2!

74. I met Steven Tyler. I hugged him, kissed him, and had him sign my leather Keds sneaker I was wearing at the time. Where did I meet him? Rehab! I was visiting open of my brother's in rehab and he was there to talk to the adolescents. It was him and the guys. i remember a lot about that day and how some members stormed off because they weren't greeted with as much love as Steven. But I remember the optimism he instilled in all those he spoke to about being clean (kind of a joke these days, huh?)

75. I was a Girl Scout Brownie. I was also a Boy Scout. I also helped for many years with Scouting for the Handicapped and I miss the annual camping trip. There is nothing like making those kids (and adults) smile and make them feel like they can achieve anything and  are just the same as everyone else even if just for a weekend.


76. I lived on the same street at the same time as Matthew Broderick & Sarah Jessica Parker. 

77. Last movie I saw in the theater was Cars in June of 2006. Before that, was Harry Potter in 2001! This Friday, we're breaking the streak with Green Lantern! 

78. In 98' to impress Tommy, I learned the fast-paced  part of "Ants Marching" (" Candyman teasing the thoughts of a/ Sweet tooth tortured by weight loss..."). Then semi-recently, I learned the Green Lantern oath to impress him (In brightest day, in blackest night...)

79. They say everyone has someone who looks like them somewhere, a doppelganger. I found mine and oddly, she's one of my best friends. We looks so similar that our kids get confused when we're together.


80. I am both a nerd and a geek and proud of both!

No comments: