1-1/2 pounds of lean ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 16-ounce bag of frozen cut green beans, thawed & drained
1 Homemade "Condensed Tomato Soup" or 1 can of condensed soup (10-3/4 oz)
4 servings mashed potatoes (I use instant following directions but adding 1 egg to the mix at the end)
enough cheese to cover top
- In a skillet, brown meat & cook onion until brown & tender.
- Drain off fat (if there is any).
- Add salt (and pepper if you fancy that).
- Stir in soup.
- Pour into bottom of baking dish.
- Add Green Beans on top.
- Spoon mashed potatoes over the beans and spread to even over casserole dish.
- Add cheese over top of potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes until bubbly and cheese starts to brown.