Thursday, March 15, 2012

Legit Fears revealed

We all have fears. Some people say they "fear spiders" but I dont think they truly do. I think a lot of people, mis/over-use the word fear just as they do hate and love. 


I have some legitimate fears. Yes I do not like bugs and I shy away from them but I'm not an arachnophobic.


I am a Claustrophobic though. I dont like propel getting too close to me. This has been since as long as I can remember. People thought I was strange in school. Example: I'd doodle in my book because i was bored. I was a good artist. Someone would point it out and before ya knew it, there was a group of kids standing around my desk looking at my doodle. A normal person would think that's cool but not me. I remember distinctly an incidence in high school English where kids stood around me as I was seated and  my heart pounded in my chest  like it never had before and I screamed. I just freaked out completely. I am not fond of elevators. I dont go to crowded places. Watching things on TV where they are scuba diving, or in a tunnel  or crawling around somewhere small, my heart pounds in my chest. I have been known to leave the room and go clean something when someone on a TV show we watch is doing something my brain can't comprehend. Cruises freak me out. There I'd be in the middle of the ocean stuck on a big boat. If I see land, I'm OK.. once it's too far to swim to get to land for survival, I'd lose it. Proof? My brother took a cruise in Hawaii years ago. He took video out his balcony and I ran to the bathroom and threw up. I got the Disney Cruise DVD in the mail watched it and had to leave the room at points. I know it's irrational but I cant help it. When you're blood pressure rises, you sweat, your heart pounds, you know it's not "fear" but FEAR.


That being said, there isn't much else I really fear. There are things that might frighten me or make me uncomfortable or that I just dislike but my only true FEAR is of small, enclosed spaces.



No comments: