Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How deep IS your love?

The #1 song the day I was born (January 4th, 1978) was "How Deep Is Your Love" by the Bee Gees.

The song title spoke to me. How deep IS your love?
  • I often tell Tom how I wish there a word for how I feel about him... it's more than love.
  • I unconditionally love my children. There is no way I could not love them. Dont try and disprove me.
  • I love food. I am a total foodie. I'd rather enjoy food and life and be slightly overweight then to miss out on some amazing taste and be society's ideal.
  • I love watching my kids grow and become these loving, caring, little men taking care of each other and their pets.
  • I love songs that move me emotionally... the ones that make me cry no matter how many times I hear it or the ones that make me close my eyes and just get soaked up in it. Since you're wondering what a song like that is for me it's something like the Pretenders' "I'll Stand by You", Melissa Etheridge's "I Run for Life" and Elton John's "Blessed" and "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" (there are more).
  • I love HT's singing. He just came down the stairs singing, "I kissed a girl and I liked it. Tasted like cherry chapstick". It gets no cuter and I love it!
  • I love peace & quiet although I kinda forgot what that is like.... I do know I love it.
  • I love sleep. I am not embarrassed to admit that I love sleep and our bed is so freakin' comfy its almost unreal. 
  • I love to bake for people's enjoyment. I love to see people enjoy my baked goods and the look on their faces as the flavors envelop their souls. That's what baking is all about... Even non-foodies get sucked into my baking. It's a great sense of pride to see people "get" food the way Tom & I do.
  • I love saving money. I am a proud coupon person and I will proudly boast how I just saved 75% on my grocery bill! :)
  • Did you know Burt's Bees makes toothpaste? They do and I love it! I never enjoyed brushing my teeth but with that stuff, it must be laced with something because there are days I brush 6 or 7 times just because! Seriously, I dont know what or why but It works. I hate that it took my that long to find it.


1 comment:

Samantha said...

It's nice getting to know who you are! :)

I love baking too...though I prefer cookies to cakes :)

I hate burt's bees toothpaste...well actually the only kind I've tried is the childrens b/c that is what we use for Abigail.