Thursday, April 12, 2012

RECIPE: STRAWBERRY QUICK JAM

I picked up a packet of Ball's  RealFruit instant pectin to have on hand about a month ago and I found a use for it today. Following the recipe on the back, I made the quickest jam. I wasn't super pleased with the results in that it didn't gel up hardly but I think it will still work on those English muffins I bought. I might redo it but it's my fault for roughly chopping in the food processor instead of crushing it by hand. 


STRAWBERRY QUICK JAM
makes 16 ounces

1 packet of instant pectin
2 cups of chopped, crushed fruit (strawberries in this case)
2/3 cup sugar

  1. Stir sugar and pectin in a bowl
  2. Add fruit.
  3. Stir for 3 minutes.
  4. Ladle into jar(s) and let stand for 30 minutes.
  5. Enjoy now, refrigerate up to 3 weeks, or freeze up to a year.


No comments: