Thursday, April 5, 2012

CHOCOLATE SYRUP

I hate to spend money on chocolate syrup. I don't like most cheaper brands and even with sales and coupons, it's an expense I hate to pay for. Plus, the ingredients aren't the best. 


Step into my life homemade chocolate syrup. BHG originally published this recipe some 40+ years ago. Well, wow! It's got 5 ingredients. You control the quality of them and it's super quick and easy!
CHOCOLATE SYRUP
2 cups sugar
1 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
1/8-1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  1. In a small saucepan, mix cocoa, sugar & salt. 
  2. Add water.
  3. Stir over medium heat just until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently (this only takes a few minutes and doesn't need to boil or get super hot as long as the sugar dissolves).
  4. Remove from heat.
  5. Add vanilla & stir.
  6. Let cool slightly and store covered in the refrigerator.


I stored the syrup in a old creamer bottle. Made the label to make it look fancy. 

No comments: