Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Road Trip: Day 2

back posting these so they are in order :)


We all had so much fun at my friend Melissa's house.
It was so great to see her and the girls (and her hubby too). It's nice to catch up and I wish we could do it more often!


We left her area at about 9am. Headed up through the rest of Maryland, through Delaware, up through Jersey., pointing out everything I remembered along the way. When we got close to NY, I pointed out the Jets/Giants complex to CT (the only one awake at this point). Then started being able to see more "city" stuff.
I woke up HT as we were getting ready to go over the GWB (George Washington Bridge). Again, I pointed out the NY skyline best I could while driving alone through NY.
I should add that it was a piece of cake driving over there. I think it's just in my blood. I actually enjoyed it.
We hit no traffic, like at all!
We stopped at a rest stop in Connecticut to get dinner. They dont' get McDonald's very much at all, so McD's it was! I set a 15-minute limit on the bathroom break and eating. I just wanted to get to my brother's!

We arrive in North Attleboro just before 5:00 (with less than 1/16th tank of gas).


It was so great to see everyone! Lisa made pasta, sauce & meatballs. There was salad and bread, too! yum! We just hung out and talked... and then went to bed.





No comments: