Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I took it off

I was my moms for half the day yesterday. My jewelry order came in and I wanted to wear a new necklace I bought.I put it on remembering I had my cross on. I was a cross-road. I never take my cross off. I got it as soon as I found out I was pregnant with CT 7-1/2 years ago. I wore it then, after him, with H, after H, with OC and I dont plan on removing it.

Anyway, I said something along the lines of 'oh, carp. i'd have to take off my cross.' My mom said the cross doesn't protect you. I knew she was right. I took it off, put it into a baggie and into a box and brought it home that evening (last evening). After I came home from dinner, I took off my "new" necklace and didnt think to put on the other one (again, I never took off my cross). I went to bed, neck-naked.

I woke up, neck-naked. I got a phone call at 7:45-ish that my dad brought my mom to the ER last night. They sent her to the main hospital campus and she is currently waiting for the cardiologist to come in as they wait in the CCU (coronary care unit). I spoke with him quickly and went to get my kids clothes out of their closets to get then ready for school.

I opened O's closet, thinking, and went to pray she would be OK. I took my hand,  went to grab the cross that wasn't there and realized I WASN'T WEARING IT!.

Yeah, I cant help but wonder (stupidly I am sure), but my mom said nothing bad is going to happen by not wearing it - it doesn't protect you. I cant help but think that she'd be asleep at home right now if I hadn't taken it off. I know it's stupid thinking... more stupid when you step out of Roman Catholicism beliefs (which we all sort of left behind us). But that my Mommy we're talking about.

kids are eating. They dont know anything. I will pick up L, drop CT & L at school, bring H to school, and head over to the hospital 45+ minutes away with OC. I'll figure out who is getting HT at 12 once I get there.

No comments: