These are chewy on the outside and soft inside. They really are am amazing cookie. You can easily add in raisins, dried fruit, chips, whatever but I like them plain the best.
Soft Oaty Oatmeal Cookie
yield: 3 dozen large cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups Old fashioned oats (slow cooking oatmeal)
- Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and mix.
- Mix in oats.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (preferably about 6).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spray cookie sheets with baking spray.
- Scoop dough with a 1" scooper (tablespoonfuls) & place 2" apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes in preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5+ minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to cooling rack.